Sunday, March 22, 2009

Akshay Kumar Raring To Get Back With Tasveer

Unnerved by the failure of his last release Chandni Chowk to China , Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar today said he was confident that his forthcoming super natural film Tasveer 8×10 ,directed by Nagesh Kukunoor, will do well.

“I did Nagesh’s film because I liked the story and went by the director’s instinct. I am confident it will do well,” Akshay, who has taken a break from comedies to feature in thrillers in 2009, told reporters here.

The actor said he was used to over the top performances in his last few films but Nagesh wanted him to be restrained.

“I got irritated for the first four days of our schedule but on the fifth day we understood each other and I decided to go by the director’s vision,” he said adding that this was the reason for rumours surfacing about him walking off the sets after fighting with the director.

“I would never do that with any director. I am satisfied with the end result and happy that I followed his vision.”

Asked about the huge money riding on his shoulders, Akshay, whose upcoming films in 2009 includes big budget movies like Blue , Kambhakt Ishq , Houseful and De Dhana Dhan among others, said, producers have earned money through his films from 2006-08.

Tasveer 8×10 , that releases on April 3,is the last release before the producers bodies ban on screening films in multiplexes comes into effect from April 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share