Showing posts with label hot news. Show all posts
Showing posts with label hot news. Show all posts

Friday, April 17, 2009

SRK lost the chance to pair with Ash


Shahrukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s pairing always clicked at the box office. Whether it was brother-sister jodi in ‘Josh’ or romantic pair in ‘Mohabbatein’ and ‘Devdas’, the couple was accepted by the audience in every avatar. King Khan was the first choice for Mani Ratman film ‘Raavan’ but his dates clashed with Aditya Chopra’s ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ and so he lost the chance to act opposite Aishwarya. Abhishek was then signed.

SRK was to pair with Ash for ‘Chalte Chalte’ but finally he dropped her and cast Rani Mukherjee due to his bitter relationship with Salman Khan. But scenario gradually changed and Ash moved out of Salman’s life and walked away blissfully with Abhishek Bachchan. Later she formed a good combination with Hrithik Roshan and their chemistry boomed in ‘Dhoom 2’ and ‘Jodhaa Akbar’.

Hope, SRK and Ash rebirth their sizzling chemistry and come together to ablaze the silver screen again.

Read more...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mani Ratnam’s condition stable

Noted director Mani Ratnam has been admitted to Apollo Hospital in Chennai on Tuesday night due to breathing problem and uneasiness in chest. Doctors after investigation have found nothing serious and given him OK signal. Way back in 2004, the director had suffered heart attack while shooting for ‘Yuva’. He also had a second attack during the shoot of 'Guru' on top of the Howrah Bridge in Kolkata in 2006.

However his condition is stable now and doctors said that he can resume work very shortly. "He had a few minutes of breathing difficulty and dizziness. There is no need for any panic as the director is healthy and likely to be discharged after routine check-up and a day's rest. He may resume work shortly," the source said.

The 52-year-old is currently busy with his film, ‘Ravan’ starring Aishwarya, Abhishek and Tamil hero Surya. Mani’s film is always inspired by present happenings, he is best known for his terrorism-related subjects such as 'Dil Se', 'Roja' and 'Kannathil Muthamittal'.

Read more...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bollywood Actor Barred From Contesting Polls

India's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a Bollywood actor who has served nearly two years of a six-year prison sentence for illegal arms possession cannot contest India's general elections next month, a news report said.


A three-judge panel of the court refused Sanjay Dutt's plea to suspend his conviction and allow him to stand as a candidate for the Samajwadi, or Socialist Party, because he had been convicted of a serious offense, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

Supreme Court officials were not available to comment Tuesday afternoon. Mr. Dutt told reporters that he would respect the verdict of the court.

"Sanjay Dutt is a nice man and he wanted to serve people, but this court order has prevented him from doing that, " Rajendra Choudhary, a spokesman for the Socialist Party said adding that the party would also respect the court's verdict.

In July 2007, the actor was sentenced to six years in prison for possession of illegal arms supplied by men convicted in a 1993 Mumbai bomb attack that killed 257 people and was blamed on Islamic extremists.

Mr. Dutt, a Hindu, was arrested in 1994 and had spent a total 20 months in prison when he was released on bail in November 2007 pending an appeal. No hearing date has been approved.

He was acquitted of more serious terrorism and conspiracy charges.

Indian law bans anyone who has been sentenced to serve more than two years in prison from contesting elections.

Voting in India's national elections will begin April 16 and last through May.

Mr. Dutt is popular for his roles as a reformed thug who follows the teachings of nonviolence advocate and Indian independence hero Mohandas Gandhi.

His latest film bit hit was "Lage Raho Munnabhai" or "Carry on Munnabhai," in 2006.

Read more...

Friday, March 27, 2009

Aishwarya Rai has declined to be immortalised as a Barbie dol

Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai has declined to be immortalised as a Barbie doll, due to her professional commitments.

It was earlier reported that representatives of the 35-year-old actress were in negotiations with Barbie’s manufacturer Mattel, who planned to give the iconic doll a Bollywood face. But the deal did not take off.

Since 1994 when Aishwarya won the Miss World title, the company has made numerous attempts to make a celebrity doll modelled on the Indian beauty. However, she could never get time for their endeavour, due to her professional commitments, she said.

Yet again on the doll’s 50th anniversary, Aishwarya was approached to appear decked up as a celebrity Barbie.

“Mattel was keen to have the actress walk the ramp on Lakme Fashion Week ‘Barbie dolled up’ in a winning design as Single Likeness Barbie, which would be unveiled and auctioned for a charity of her choice,” said a statement issued by Aishwarya’s spokesperson.

However, the actress opted out due to her prior commitments as she did not want to cause inconvenience to the film-makers she was working with by taking time out for the event.

Read more...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kajol’s The Best dancer

Kajol is nowhere in the news of late… How is it that we suddenly remembered her? Well, it’s thanks to dance expert Sandip Soparrkar.

While in conversation with him, we gradually went on to speak about the dancing talents in Bollywood. And, he bravely claimed, “Kajol is one of the best dancers we have! Nobody has tapped her dancing talent on screen as yet. I have seen her doing the salsa and have to say that she is simply superb. She can do hip-hop, folk, any form of dance with equal ease!” Ajay Devgan, it’s time to make a musical next and get wifey dearest dancing to your tunes all over again.

Read more...

Akshay Kumar Raring To Get Back With Tasveer

Unnerved by the failure of his last release Chandni Chowk to China , Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar today said he was confident that his forthcoming super natural film Tasveer 8×10 ,directed by Nagesh Kukunoor, will do well.

“I did Nagesh’s film because I liked the story and went by the director’s instinct. I am confident it will do well,” Akshay, who has taken a break from comedies to feature in thrillers in 2009, told reporters here.

The actor said he was used to over the top performances in his last few films but Nagesh wanted him to be restrained.

“I got irritated for the first four days of our schedule but on the fifth day we understood each other and I decided to go by the director’s vision,” he said adding that this was the reason for rumours surfacing about him walking off the sets after fighting with the director.

“I would never do that with any director. I am satisfied with the end result and happy that I followed his vision.”

Asked about the huge money riding on his shoulders, Akshay, whose upcoming films in 2009 includes big budget movies like Blue , Kambhakt Ishq , Houseful and De Dhana Dhan among others, said, producers have earned money through his films from 2006-08.

Tasveer 8×10 , that releases on April 3,is the last release before the producers bodies ban on screening films in multiplexes comes into effect from April 4.

Read more...

Saturday, March 21, 2009

A.R .RAHMAN SPECAIL ASKAAR AWARD 2009

Indian hot music editor A.R .RAHMAN Specail ASKAAR AWARD 2009.

Read more...

India Today Conclave 2009 SRK

Exclusive and hot video of Shahrukh Khan.Here you can see the Bollywood hot actor Shahrukh Khan.

Read more...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big Brother 9 Natalie can lactate when she is not pregnant

Read more...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jennifer Aniston got another boyfriend


The day after Jennifer Aniston turned 40, she got another present from boyfriend John Mayer: a romantic trip to the Bahamas!

The two took a private jet late Thursday night to the island of Eleuthera, the same location where Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey tied the knot.

Jen and John stayed in an exclusive gated neighborhood in a rented house right on the beach. But their romantic getaway was short-lived.

On Monday the pair was spotted smooching goodbye before boarding separate planes.

"Jen looked really upset to be leaving John," an X17 photog said of their goodbye.

Just watch, body-language experts and armchair celebrity analysts will have a field day interpreting what this means for the couple's future.

Read more...

Shah Rukh Khan shoulder operation success, star recovering


Shah Rukh Khan’s operation to relieve pain on a troublesome shoulder was a success and the star is recovering in hospital.

Masala.com reported yesterday that the star had opted to check into a Mumbai hotel to avoid the controversies surrounding his 2003 operation on his back.

"Shah Rukh is fine, he will be discharged after a few days," said a source close to the actor.

SRK’s family and close friend Farah Khan visited him in the Breach Candy hospital in south Mumbai after the operation.

The actor had to undergo an arthroscopic surgery for a nagging pain in left shoulder. Though he had planned to fly to London for the surgery, he chose to get it done in Mumbai under the guidance of Sanjay Desai, the orthopaedic surgeon at Breach Candy.

Shah Rukh told reporters before his surgery that he would take two or three months off to recover from the surgery.

"For Shah Rukh, the last few months have been quite busy professionally. There was "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" promotion as well as the shoot of Dulha "Mil Gaya" ,” an insider source told masala.com.

Read more...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Shah Rukh Khan undergoes surgery


MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan underwent surgery at a city hospital on Monday and doctors said the film star would not be able to work for at least a month.

Khan, arguably India's biggest superstar, was admitted to Mumbai's Breach Candy hospital after suffering a rotator cuff tear in his left shoulder.

"He is out of anaesthesia and is a bit groggy, but otherwise the situation is under control," Sanjay Desai, who led a team of doctors operating on Khan, told reporters after a 90-minute surgery.

Desai said the 43-year-old actor would be out of action for "four to six weeks" but full recovery would take up to six months.

"Action will take time, but simple jobs, he can perform in a month's time. No high demand physical activity," Desai said.

Khan, whose film "Billu" opened in cinemas last week, is yet to complete work on director Karan Johar's project "My Name is Khan".

But trade analysts said Khan's surgery was unlikely to delay the film, about a Muslim man suffering from Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism.

"The shooting of the film wasn't scheduled for some time now and I don't think any of the remaining scenes involve any heavy duty action," trade analyst Taran Adarsh said.

Read more...
Bookmark and Share